Welcome to The Little Box of Treasures, my blog. It's all about making jewellery, crocheting, baking, making caterpillar costumes for my 13 year-old brother, that sort of thing.



Saturday 21 August 2010

Costume Troubles

So as I have previously mentioned, for my 16th birthday party next Thursday, I'm having an Alice in Wonderland tea party.

It seems that my brother George (who thinks that this blog is a waste of time because no one reads it, but I guess that's little brothers for you) did not get the message that my party is in fact next week. And so, while he sits and plays on his PS3, I have been trying to find ideas on Google for a costume for him.

George originally wanted to be the Mad Hatter, but unfortunately that role had already been filled. Then I said that he would be Tweedledum and he could bring a friend to be Tweedledee (I insisted that he would be TweedleDUM, I'm sure you see why). However, when I told my friend Grace who was originally going to be the caterpillar, she said that she would rather be Tweedledee/dum and that George could be the caterpillar.

And the caterpillar is the most IMPOSSIBLE costume to create, whether I am going to MAKE it or just put some stuff together.

Our original idea was to buy a cheap blue top and pair of trousers from Primark or somewhere similar, then buy some leg warmers for the extra arms/legs.

Of course, you can imagine how much success we've had with this, especially the blue trousers. The only pair I could find were some disgusting light blue combat style trousers, but they were not at all the right type and were £9, so there was no point.

So then we looked at ready made costumes. Well I'm sorry but I refuse to pay whatever $125 is in pounds for something I could make myself (pretty much). To be honest, it wasn't that good either.

So, I'm now thinking of making one. That should be interesting, seeing as I'm busy every day next week (Monday: shopping for party, Tuesday: results day, Wednesday: Katie and Emily over to help prepare for party, Thursday: party, Friday: birthday, although why would I make it on Friday anyway?) Then I need to make Emily's skirt. Still. Will post my progress, if any!

Anyways if anyone has any ideas that would be appreciated :)

Thanks :D
Caitlin

P.S. Frogs = comments. I changed it because 'comments' was boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment