Welcome to The Little Box of Treasures, my blog. It's all about making jewellery, crocheting, baking, making caterpillar costumes for my 13 year-old brother, that sort of thing.



Tuesday 17 August 2010

Earrings

Hello everyone :)
Here are some photos of the 2 pairs of earrings I made yesterday. Would be great to hear what you think about them :)


Aphrodite earrings
Aphrodite earrings- close up

Here is the first pair of earrings. I found these little shell hearts that I was originally going to make into a little charm bracelet, but I hadn't got round to it. I probably would have made a bracelet but I couldn't find any clasps or anything so I decided on some earrings. They remind me of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love. I suppose I could have called them Venus earrings, but that doesn't sound as romantic I think. I also found these little clay (I think) flowers which my best friend bought me, and some pink organza ribbon which I think just adds a nice touch...

The Back To School Blues earrings


The Back To School Blues earrings- close up

Because it's almost that time of year again, unfortunately. I made these earrings to cheer me up about the hell that is going to be sixth form (so I'm told) and the amount of summer work we got given :( Still, I love these- I made them out of ivory-coloured shell hearts, dark blue ribbon and gold coloured findings.
P.S. The book is 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald, because that's the one we're studying for English next year. I thought it was appropriate :)

So there they are, hoping to put more photos on soon of other things I've made! Hope you like them!

LOVEYOU,
Caitlin
P.S. I have recently developed an appetite for bread and honey. Is this normal?!

No comments:

Post a Comment