Welcome to The Little Box of Treasures, my blog. It's all about making jewellery, crocheting, baking, making caterpillar costumes for my 13 year-old brother, that sort of thing.



Sunday 29 August 2010

Thumbelina At The Beetle Ball

Hi everyone hope you're having a nice 'summer'.

Just thought I'd post about something that's inspired me recently...

On my birthday, I watched Thumbelina- one of my favourite films as a child. I LOVE the story and the characters.... just everything about it to be honest!

Anyway, I've always loved the bit where she meets the Beetle and he makes her sing and dance at the Beetle Ball- and I LOVE the outfit she wears when performing. I have always wanted a dress like that, not to mention the wings and antennae :D

So when I was watching it the other day, I was like 'why don't I make a dress like that?', like a modern version anyway... so I came up with a few ideas... I might make it, although have so much work to do right now it's not looking great!

I don't have a photo of Thumbelina at the Beetle Ball, but there are loads on Google Images- just type in 'Thumbelina Beetle'... her dress is gorgeous :)

This is the best picture I have of my design... it's pretty rough and I don't know how you're supposed to design dresses to be honest I'm not an expert! Also, sorry about the photo, I would have scanned it but I don't have a scanner for this laptop and our scanner's not working too well anyway!
Anyway, as I said, I shall post updates on this, watch this space ;)

LOVEYOU
Caitlin

P.S. Prince Cornelius is only 16! And he's not a complete idiot. Then again, he is a fairy prince...

No comments:

Post a Comment